Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane CC Grinding noise

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane CC Grinding noise

Hi all,

I have a bit of an annoying problem with the wife's new megane.

We have noticed a grinding noise, now the breaks needed doing desperate so I have replaced them all, disc and pads all round.

After replaceing them, and a very long time getting the calipar piston back in on the back, (dont ask how, yes it all came out) I took it out for a test drive after and all seemed ok until I got back home and just as i turned left on to our road I heard a grind noise, so I took it around the block for a run.

It did the noise again but when turning right this time. The best I can explain the noise is when you break hard and the anti lock kicks in and grinds on the disc (well that happen to me once befour) it defo sounds like metal against metal.

Today the wife took it to a garage to look at it and they say it is all ok, but still on the way home she says it made the noise again. She has told me that it does the noise when going forward at slow speeds as well.

I have been looking over the past couple of days and have seen vairious things regarding ball joints and bearings, but I still think could it be clutch or gear box.

Any suggestions or test that can do to find out what this is would be much appreceated as I dont want anything to happen to the wife and lil one if it is bad.
Currently in zerocool5050's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.9dci and 2005 Megane CC 1.6 vvt
  5 Lastest Threads by zerocool5050
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane CC Reverse lights Electronics scatz 1 965 18th December 2012 07:33 PM
Lag II rear demister not working Electronics madnoel10 6 2475 7th November 2012 04:31 PM
Reverse parking aid problem Electronics Philip D 4 1232 15th September 2012 05:29 PM
Fitting 6CD headunit Electronics zerocool5050 1 598 7th September 2012 06:46 PM
Loose lock megane II cc Bodywork zerocool5050 3 783 19th August 2012 04:53 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome