Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #221 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Originally Posted by conor1 View Post
Hi, I drive a Megane II 1.9dci (2003). Having had a blown turbo which in turn blew my engine I got a 2nd hand laguna II 1.9 dci engine and new turbo put on it. Car drove fine for about a week. Now i'm experiencing hesitation during acceleration in 1st, 2nd r 3rd gear sometimes. This does not happen all the time. For example I drove through rush hour traffic in dublin which was about 45minutes of start stop driving and it only happened once. Car seems to lose power for about split second or sometimes a bit longer. Apart from that it seems to drive fine. I have 'check injection' light on which has been read as a glow plug problem. I have had the EGR cleaner, new diesel filter put in, added diesel cleaner, and injector cleaner but still no joy. Any ideas??
Slow response; sorry.
The intermittency sound like an electrical fault; probably a wiring harness, and dealing with a "power augmentor". A hesitancy (feels like poor fuelling, and recovers smoothly) would be the EGR , and might well come from coking, but would be in place all the time. What you describe sounds like an electrical drop-out (of the turbo , which depends on the pneumatic actuator or the pressure sensor, or of the EGR , which depends on its position feedback). Comments in this site show that failures of the wiring in the harness are not as uncommon as one would want. Wiggle each one in turn, and then drive again. At worst, put a bungee under the bonnet, to put tension on the harness, and drive. The one that shows the problem is the criminal!
The repair is to strip back the harness sheath, and repair the split/corroded line. (You're looking for the signs of copper blue corrosion)

Also, electrical problems are easy for the controller to detect and report; physical problems (like a clogged valve) are much harder, and so do not tend to cause a report.
Faults under acceleration can come from a harness that runs between the chassis and engine; torque moves the engine in the mounts, and disrupts the broken wiring.
Hope this helps; let us know.
Currently in Tolak's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.9 dCi Dynamique, 1993 Clio Williams, (1999 SLK230, now gone), 2007 A4 cabriolet
The Following User Says Thank You to Tolak For This Useful Post:
conor1 (9th November 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome