Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the scariest car failure you've had while driving?

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: What's the scariest car failure you've had while driving?

guoing to keep it short, once had an hb viva, real old shed of a car, theres a long, steep hill with several sharpish bend's ,near us.
one day while coming down said hill just before the worst of the bends went to apply the footbrake only for the pedal to go straight to the floor, pumping furiously to no effect, went for the hand-brake and pulled that out of the floor, with the car gathering speed and no brakes tried to crash through the gear box.
which worked up to a point, just as we came to the level stretch at the bottom of the hill the brakes began to work a bit and i managed to get the car to a standstill.
it was a bit hairy at the time to say the least but now ( 20+ years later) me and the 2 mates that were in the car at the time have a giggle or 2 re-telling the story ( but that hill can still give me night-mares)

' iron man ' is a super hero........ ' iron woman ' is a command
Currently in smutty's garage:
megane 1.5 80 dci, , several types of bus and an o4 plate citroen xsara picaso and an 07 plate vauxhall astra sxi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome