Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

View Single Post
post #97 of (permalink) Old 21st October 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Turbo Diesel Engine Problems

Originally Posted by muddymess View Post
thanks alot . i read somewhere on this site about the mass air flow sensor . so bought one today not from renault . car goes alot better. will check pipe work tomorrow. just can't understand why the car does not sound sweet when i put my foot down after all this stuff i've had done intercooler/egr/recon turbo. plus now a new MAF. when i had the intercooler fitted just before the turbo went. the car was going lovely i could feel turbo boost and car was going sweet.thanks again mate.
If it was going OK, then chances are it still wants to.
Just a matter of getting control to it.
And it is all too easy to knock one of these pipes without noticing, or pull on one as you reach around the back of the manifold, so that the connection is poor and you have a vacuum leak (or, more accurately, an air leak into the vacuum system)

But don't forget that the pressure sensor downstream of the intercooler will have been disturbed (including wiring) when the intercooler was changed, so there may be a latent failure from that effort.
Currently in Tolak's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.9 dCi Dynamique, 1993 Clio Williams, (1999 SLK230, now gone), 2007 A4 cabriolet
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome