Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio III - Rumble Noise - Warranty Claim on Brakes?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st October 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio III - Rumble Noise - Warranty Claim on Brakes?

I own a Clio 1.5 DCI on a 2009 plate with about 16k miles on the clock.

Since buying the car we've had it back to the dealership on three separate occasions, the latest being this week, for a rumbling noise from the front of the car.

The first time the car went back, the dealership diagnosed the problem as a control arm problem after having the car three days and threatening to drop the engine out to find the noise.

The second time the fault was diagnosed as the brakes and they changed the front brake callipers.

Each time we have got the car back, parts have been changed accordingly and the problem has gone away for about 3-4 thousand miles.

This last time, the mechanic who initially looked around the car before taking it into the workshop said that there was a known issue with the "Brake Pads" and that he knew what it would be.

When we picked the car up we were told that Renault have brought out a revised front calliper and they would happily replace it under warranty, along with new brake discs, but I will have to pay for replacement brake pads at 53.

I'm now slightly confused as to where problem lies and wondering if anyone else has had this problem. If the problem is with the brake pads then surely Renault should cover the cost of them, especially as the car has been back on three occasions the same fault.

Many thanks in advance.
  5 Lastest Threads by Mcy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio III - Rumble Noise - Warranty Claim on... Cars & motoring Doncarlione 10 3400 21st October 2011 01:17 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome