Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Safrane replace wing mirror

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 22nd October 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Safrane replace wing mirror

Originally Posted by SPRINGER View Post
It would be a whole lot easier if I could get the whole lot off, but nobody seems to know how to do get that silly triangle off.
*cough splutter cough*

How diddly.. Nobody has arrived

The triangle pulls backwards directly towards the seatbelt. Be warned its a PITA to remove the thing and the 2 clips on the back are a tad on the brittle side. That said, I did remove one in perfect condition so it can be done. Got a funny feeling from memory you may have to remove the top door card slightly though to give the bottom of the triangle clearance. If you PM me a reminder, I'll send you a photo of one off the door tomorrow by return email so you can see what you're up against.

As for repairing the mirror.. I wouldn't bother I'm sad to say. I had one obliterated by a lorry a few years back. After the plastic cover becoming airborne high enough to make radar contact it landed on the other side of the road and I pulled over (along with the reluctant lorry) to check the damage. It was less severe looking than yours but I asked about and there was no way to get it repaired. The entire thing was totally knackered. The door was ok where it was fitted so it wasn't a big problem - we had another the same colour that was SORN at the time so I just did a temporary swap.

That lorry gave me a hell of a scare though.. just came right up on my side and BANG / CRUNCH the mirror was gone along with my nerves
Currently in SafraneInfo's garage:
Safrane (2.5)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome