Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Plastic bumper colour doesnt match metal bodywork colour.

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 22nd October 2011 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Plastic bumper colour doesnt match metal bodywork colour.

I have recently added 20" alloys to the car.
They have changed the overall look considerably .
Even so there is still the mismatch problem.
At the rear its negligible .

The front however is still annoying.
Taking into account that
a. there is a genuine colour difference and its not just "viewing angle".
b.The manufacturer isnt going to do sfa about it.
c.This colour difference on the front is unfortunately hi up on the wheel arch,and it seems to be increasing on more modern cars.I mean the change from plastic to metal is getting closer and closer to the passenger compartment.

Taking an actual panel gap sealer like silicone,(think sealing between between the worktop and tiles in your kitchen) as being impractical.
The option Im looking at now is "decals"/vinyl stickers".

Yes "go faster stripes/stickers/stick on thingies".
The ultimate no no for clean appearance.
I already have 2 dragon vinyl stickers ,not pure black and they are overlaid over the actual join .
They dont look too bad but I wouldnt bother with them at all if there wasnt a perceptible colour difference.

Id be willing just to mount something on the plastic part and leave the join as is if it was just enough to camoflage the paint colour difference on a quick look without making the lines look cluttered.

I will post pics if anyone is interested and right now these decals do draw the eye away from the colour difference.
Its a fine line tho between having **** stickers/similar and destroying clean lines.

At least renaultsport do use a pinline design near the front door edge to break body bulk a little but its more subtle than what I have now.

The car body colour is metallic stone grey/light gold,so black,light blue or a gold shade would work if anyone has some suggestions.
Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome