Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault clio 1.2 expression + 16v 2002

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry renault clio 1.2 expression + 16v 2002

help i am new to this site and desperate!!!!!

i have a clio 1.2 and its driving me crazy for the last two months i have had major problems with this car - some times when i turn the ignition on (not actually starting the car) i get the engine managment light come i then i have to turn the ignition off then restart to get rid of the sign. Also just lately when i have been going round roundabouts the engine management light comes on i lose all power to the car, including power steering manage to just about pull over somewhere and its as if someone is sat on the rev with their foot down on the pedal, (please not i have had the throttle pedal replaced and tdc sensor - made no difference) again i have to switch off the engine and it takes about another two times of restarting the car get a normal start up, i have had the rac out to me three times and they keep bring up different fault codes every time (they are now just as mistified), one thing i have noticed is the car only seem to play up when the weather changes if it is a nice sunny day i have no problems with car, if it has been raining over night (even though my car is kept in a garage) it plays up, now got to the point that i can only drive off once i have heated the car up and then it works perfecly when the engine is hot!

if anyone else has had this problem and knows the answer please let me know as i am now deperate!
  5 Lastest Threads by jules30
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
renault clio 1.2 expression + 16v 2002 Clio jackbatch 8 8526 17th September 2006 06:10 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome