Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 2 - Window Regulator Recall

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 26th October 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane 2 - Window Regulator Recall

same problem as everyone here window regulator goosed went to Bury Renault today who informed me that renault would foot 75% of the cost of the repair, they would only offer that info if pressed, however the window motor/regulator must be reattached to the car so that their mechanics can then take it off again!!!! where's the logic in that and what on earth do you do in a rainstorm when your window sticks in the down position?? well common sense says you put the window in the up position and wedge the window closed, whilst in there you may as well detach the offending window motor/regulator no??? well renault are just being asses to my mind to add insult to injury the girl behind the service desk then informed me with a smile on her face that my car was 10 days outside of warranty and renault would not be able to do the work on my window!!!! apparently this is a very very common problem and renault have known about it since day 1 but have not got the decency to inform owners of this issue, presumably because the less they publicise it the less money they will have to fork out on repairs to a known issue. I have established that the motor is fine but I need the 6 pin anti pich module that sits on top of the motor has anyone on the forum got a working 6 pin anti pinch module for fron passenger side window please???
Currently in pistyll's garage:
54 plate Megane II 1.9dci Hatch Kawasaki ZX6RR Green obviously!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome