Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - child car booster seats new law monday

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th September 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I've got to say I fully support this law. Last year, we saw a whole bunch of people climbing into a Fiesta, including what appeared to be about a 3 month old baby. It was obvious that there was no car seat fitted, and that one of them just intended to carry the child on their lap. I thought even then that they were breaking the law, but they weren't.

As the law stood, if the car was fitted with a child seat then the child had to use it. If the car did not have a child seat fitted, then there was no requirement to fit one and everything was above board.

The new law makes much more sense, and as ST says, for the bigger kids a booster cushion only costs a few quid and is pretty easy to transfer between cars. The full sized seats for the younger kids are a bit trickier, but I think few people would say they weren't worth the trouble. We have three child seats for our son - one in each of the cars that he travels in. If we were to put him in another car, we'd borrow one of the seats and go to the hassle of fitting it, whether the law required it or not.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome