Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Faulty Coils Causing Warning Light(Including General Info)*fixed*

View Single Post
post #81 of (permalink) Old 29th October 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic - Faulty Coils Causing Warning Light(Including General Info)*fixed

>anyone got any other ideas?
I picked up a very cheap (15) diagnostic scanner from ebay ( a little while ago, it works fine on my 2002 scenic 1.6 auto petrol. It uses the ISO9141 protocol, so if you look for a scanner then you need it to support that protocol (unless I picked up a scam model of course).
It should tell you a code that will give a clue as to the cause of a fault, once you look throught the book of codes of course!
Other cheap things to look at would be cleaning the filters, making sure there is the right quantity of engine oil , the spark plugs are well gapped and clean, the TDC sensor is clear of metallic bits, earth strapping is refreshed (loosen, wiggle, tighten), wipe away surface moisture...
err - ok probably enough for now - I'm off to read a bedtime story to little'un.

Currently in GamithUK's garage:
2002 Renault Scenic 1.6 petrol Dynamique Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome