Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #94 of (permalink) Old 30th October 2011
S6 Todd
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

Originally Posted by kuldip S Obhi View Post
I have Renault laguna 1.8 16v 2002. It has an on going problem whereby after travelling about 8 to 10 miles if I stop and start the journey again, the car starts ok but after few minutes the electrical fault light comes on and the engine starts to rev betwwen 2000 and 4000 revs. and the accelator has no control over the engine speed. The car has been in the garage and they have replaced throttle body , spark plugs and the injector E.C.U. After the ecu was replaced car was ok for couple of months and now the problem have again surfaced and is getting worse. Initially problem was occuring one a month or so but now it is occuring regularly whenever and I make start stop journeys. The distance of the journey I thionk is not important but whenever the car is stopped and restarted within half an or so the problem occurs . If the car is left standing for few hours and then started it will take longer for the problem to reoccur.
I shall be greately obliged if anyone can suggest a solution.
Many thanks in advance.

Kuildip Obhi
Hi. Just wondered if you had any luck solving this problem. I have the same fault on my laguna 2 1.8. I have had the throttle body and the tdc flywheel sensor with the loom replaced but the fault still comes up whenever the car feels like it revving on it's own at 2000-4000rpm with injection fault displayed on the centre screen. At a bit of a loss and can't afford to keep replacing parts willy nilly. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Currently in S6 Todd's garage:
2001 laguna 2 1.8 privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome