Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Tailgate Phase IV

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 1st November 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Espace Tailgate Phase IV

Well, things went from bad to worse, after a heavy downpour over night last week, I found the rear pillar trim panel and everything below was soaked, and the seat back on the same side was also soaked through. It appeared that I had two leaks.

So, after a little investigation, I found leak one to be the High Level brake light on the tailgate, so replaced it (as the gasket was part of the light), so leak one was stopped. The second leak was coming from the roof somewhere. With it raining heavy this morning, I had the trim panels off to find it leaking through a hole in the roof, which could only be for the T-Track fitting..... there was a little white clip attached to the trim rail with a foam pad on the bottom (Renault really think this is a good solution??) so with no sealant at hand, I have applied plenty of Vaseline, which should stop it till I can get some proper sealant..... the water was absolutely POURING through before....
Currently in dcm71's garage:
2003 Espace 1.9dCi Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome