Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v 04 accelerator pedal clunking noise

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st November 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v 04 accelerator pedal clunking noise

Hi, I have searched the forums but can't find specific answers so heres the new post.
I have a clio, it has the exhaust emissions light on/off all the time, sometimes it runs rich, sometimes runs great, sometimes 20 petrol seems to last all week, sometimes it lasts days. Sometimes the engine management light comes on (usually first thing in the morning before I even start the car) and limits my revs, it always goes off when I restart the car, sometimes its pathetic in low gears, sometimes it flies like a rocket.

Sometimes it makes a clunking / grinding noise from the throttle (when I press the accelerator), like the throttle is in operation when the car is off, and there are no keys in the ignition and the car has been off for hours. Sometimes it doesn't. Is this a natural noise, or is it not. Ive had a quick diagnostic on it and it says I have throttle actuator issues, but I rarely trust diagnostics, and I trust garages even less.

Any suggestion (bar get rid of it) would be greatly apprectiated.
Currently in mattr1981's garage:
Clio dynamique 1.2 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by mattr1981
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v 04 accelerator pedal... Cars & motoring mrtotty 2 1217 1st November 2011 08:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome