Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Can I get through the MOT like this?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 2nd November 2011 Thread Starter
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Can I get through the MOT like this?

A good few, but none to hand as I write this!

It has however gone thru a test (at a council centre - I appreciate their sometimes brutal honesty even if it costs a little more and complicates the repair process), and produced some surprising results as noted in another thread I just put up (

Frame presumably not damaged, or not enough to be a concern. Bodywork noted on advisories as damaged, but not dangerous. The exhaust is presumably considered secure, as no mention was made of the knackered hanger, but the centre pipe is blowing - I guess the hanger would have to be replaced as part of that repair anyway? Plus a couple other unrelated things.

PS I'm now considering a Polo Estate (TDi) as a replacement, always fancied one (the total lunacy of it appeals to me) and it actually seems to be SMALLER than the Meg O_O ... how does that work?!
Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome