Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Possible repair cost for MOT pass?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2011 Thread Starter
Inveterate Bodger
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Possible repair cost for MOT pass?

Originally Posted by saabguy View Post
If it failed the MOT test yesterday its been deemed as unroadworthy already and the rollover date is now void. You can be pulled by the police as VOSA will now have the car on the system as a fail.
You have any proof for this? Seeing as if I hadn't had it tested I could be running around with it in the same state, and even if it hadn't got all the other things needing fixed it may have registered a fail for something as simple as a brake light bulb that burnt out on the way to the test centre? I've never heard this before, and in previous years I've HAD to have a few days use of the car in-between getting a fail notice for some inane thing, then taking it back for retest after fixing it.

Anyway, trying to get quotes now. The main thing is the welding as I haven't ever had to get sills fixed before...
Currently in tahrey's garage:
Honda CG125, Scott Voltage MX5, dirt, lots of random bottles and tools, porktastic Clio III DCi, dodgy shelves...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome