Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Speed Limits & Pollution

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 18th September 2006
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Not very often things annoy me but you guys have!

Speed bumps ... I agree ...

20 Mph limits in built up areas .... residential areas where I live use them (not speed bumps) ... IT SAVES CHILDRENS LIVES ... when the speeding Di&kheads bother to obey them ... instead of using side streets as a makeshift Santa Pod or rat runs .

I Care about my children and others wellbeing, I dont mind the 20mph areas where they are appropiate and would welcome the confiscation and destruction of any vehicle caught speeding in these areas .... they are there for a reason, courtesy which is what we are talking about here costs nothing, but it just might save a childs life.

Think about that the next time you floor the loud pedal in 2nd, third etc to accelerate to your enforced limit ( if you obey any at all) ... mine and others children are much more important to me than worrying about fuel consumption.

Speed where appropiate by all means, but dont assume that you have all the rights because your drive and tax your car ... rules are there for a reason ... just think about it.

Enjoy where appropiate ... dont where not !

Please discuss.

Rant OFF
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic

Last edited by Truckbusuk; 19th September 2006 at 09:15 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome