Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the scariest car failure you've had while driving?

View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 5th November 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: What's the scariest car failure you've had while driving?

Hmmm scareys...

Bonnet flipped up and wrapped itsself over the windcreen on a Mk2 2.0L Granda whilst driving towards a bus down a tight cutting in Devon.

NSR tyre burst at 70 on the outside lane of the A1 southbound, south of Sandy, beds. lots of fun not to lose control whilst pulling across traffic and onto hardshoulder.

footbrake failed on a Vauxhall Carlton whilst pulling up to a junction in west london(unplanned skidding handbrake stop there!)

OSR disc caliper failed whilst pulling left onto the A34 in Oxfordshire on my old Lag1, car spun out to the right, nearly wound up pointing the wrong way at the top of a ramp.

total failure of traction in my lag1 as pulling up to a junction at Ipswich docks, (unexpectedly hot 15'C in january whilst on winter tyres, oil on the road, skidded 30+ yards straight upto and across the junction (luckily no oncoming traffic round the corner) a real OMG!...whew! moment...)

crashing my lag2 into a kerb at 65 on the A505 (and not turning it over)
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome