Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What's the scariest car failure you've had while driving?

View Single Post
post #60 of (permalink) Old 6th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: What's the scariest car failure you've had while driving?

Originally Posted by GamithUK View Post
Not really frightening this one - parked on the side of the road eating a snack with girlfriend (calm down!!) there was a soft 'clank' from the rear of the car. Investigation showed that the rear exhaust hanger had snapped... luckily I had a boot of tools and spares (it was a Citroen GSA after all!) so I was able to sort in out in minutes.
That has reminded me of an incident in my biker days before I even had a car. Took the girlfriend out for the day on the old Matchless G3LS and we stopped at the side of a moorland road for the picnic. I parked the bike on short grass on the centre stand and sat down with my back to the bike to eat my sandwiches. The stand sunk in and the damn thing tipped over, bending me double and pinning me down. I couldn't move and the bike was too heavy for her to lift off me. It was a very quiet road and we were there about 15 minutes until she was able to flag down a passing car for the 2 occupants to help lift it off. Talk about feeling stupid! Driver error again?
Currently in datostar's garage:
2010 Megane 1.6VVT 110 Dynamique TomTom 5dr
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome