Hello everybody.....the time to upgrade the navigation and entertainment system has come
Got the AVIC X1R out and put a newer 2DIN-sized in.....problem was that Renault does not provide neither the the 2DIN space in the dash, nor Pioneer any facia adapter. I had a frame made by a local shop, it took a day and about 200Euros, but it was worth it since I do not have space or tools to make one myself.
The wiring is the same of the X1R, so the connections are the same I posted last year in my X1R installation thread
Apparently, Pioneer has a CAR-PI-184 wheel adapter, but I was advised that it would not work completely. If anybody has more info on this please let me know. By the way, adding this part requires an additional loom (included) to be plugged into the system, but I found that with this wiring the positioning in place becomes a litttle bit harder.
Obvious difference, the 2DIN system to be accomodated into a 1DIN space
The only way to accomplish this is
1) Remove the 1DIN radio (stock or whatever you have)
2) Gently pull out the decorative bar below the vents, be careful here it feels fragile!
3) You will see 4 screws keeping in place the convenience storage on top of the radio. Remove it.
4) The system is kept in place by trims screwed into the dash support for the radio. Several options are possible, but keep in mind some plastic has to be sandpapered in order to put a new frame.
5) The HD1BT comes with Bluetooth, hence a microphone is included. It's small and I put it between the windshield mirror block and the roof liner. The cable is going into the left pillar all the way down in the dashboard.
6) GPS antenna is set on the dash, on the right side, with the cable passing behind the glove compartment.
Sorry pic is a little bit dark!