Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is 250 a lot for a first service on Renault megane?

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Is 250 a lot for a first service on Renault megane?

I took out an independent warranty with my pre owned Renault and providing the vehicle is maintained within the Renault time factors by a VAT reg garage then i am coved.
I would have thought that the same apply's to a new.ish vehicle and yes lets just get as much cash as we can under threat.
Best to look around for a better price. You can often find that a garage that sold you the car under RENAULT will also provide the same service at a lower price under their name.
I would have thought that providing the service is carried out in line with the recommended levels as stated by RENAULT then thats all you need.
The garage that sold me my car wanted me to take out a contract for 560ish to cover three yrs service but i would still have to pay for parts- oil ,filters etc, i think not.
My brother-in-law worked for a main dealer and pointed out the service tips, if parts need to be changed then replace with Renault parts or better.
Currently in DAGW's garage:
Apart from my car, anything else my wife can get in there
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome