Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #202 of (permalink) Old 8th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

I Emailed my local Renault parts dealership to see if they would supply the resistor and loom at cost as this is a common fault. below is the response.

"Hi there, the heater parts you require amount to 133.58 inc vat. The parts for the rheostat repair are not sold at cost if you feel that this should be the case perhaps you would like to call RUK customer services on 08000723300. In some instances when the vehicle has a full Renault service history they will make generous contributions toward the repair.
Thank you for your enquiry"

My response,
Hi, regarding the Rheostat, I fail to see what difference a service history has to this part regarding a contribution from Renault, you make it sound like that this part is incuded in the service check, if so can you confirm this.
Bottom line is this part has burnt out due to the fact that the part itself is sub standard.
I have submitted a defect form to VOSA regarding this part failure as it is clear to me me Renault are not concerned about parts burning out behind dashboards.

The parts I require are 99 for both the loom and the rheostat from another Renault franchise.

Regards Mick Sxxxxxx.

I advise everybody with this problem to submit a defect form to VOSA to force Renault to acknowledge this fault, I await their response.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome