Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - water leaking in rear passenger footwell

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 9th November 2011
Big Dav
Diamond member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: water leaking in rear passenger footwell

Water has a habit of appearing miles away from where it has entered the car.
If all the door seals are OK, including the tailgate, then take a look at the sunroof seals and drains - the slightest piece of grit can be enough for a water bridge to develop. Then I would be checking the rear light cluster seals and any other accessory seal which could expose the car to the ingress of water.
On a Mark3 Espace I owned I had a water leak but could not establish where it entered the car - only when the nearside sill filled up and overflowed into the front passenger footwell did I know I had the problem.
My eventual suspicions were the water was entering somewhere at the rear nearside of the car and running forwards.

Check that all scuttle/ventilation grilles etc are clear of leaves that may have accumulated over the past autumn weeks.
Another possibility, has someone in the family accidentally spilled a bottle of water?
Lastly, that I can readily think of, is the heating system/coolant level OK - just in case the heater matrix has sprung a leak.
Good luck!
Currently in Big Dav's garage:
2010 Renault Espace 2.0dci
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dav For This Useful Post:
lawrenceh (16th November 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome