Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

View Single Post
post #87 of (permalink) Old 10th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

I wonder if anyone can help with my dilemma!!?

My driver's side window has died leaving a gap of about 1-2 inches at the top. Having read about the bracket fix previously I immediately thought it was that, so I purchased a pair of clips and duly set about removing the door panel to gain access. But, once the existing clip was visible, I could see that it was intact and not broken as suspected. I didn't bother carrying on with the repair as seemed a waste of time and hassle. So currently, I have some plastic taped to the gap to keep wind/rain etc out. But I need to do a long motorway run soon so need to get it fixed properly (plus I'll look like a :loser: when I have to get out of my car to pay the toll on the Severn Bridge!).

I've seen these on ebay :

and wonder whether that might provide the fix I need? I don't really want to shell out on the expense if this isn't the answer - the only thing that makes me think it might be is the fact that I cannot hear the motor even run slightly when I press the door button.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I did search but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance,

Currently in nowuriz's garage:
2005 Scenic 1.6 16v Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome