Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Re: 2002 renault clio 1.2 cuts out when driving and some times no throttle respons

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2002 renault clio 1.2 cuts out when driving and some times no throttle respons

Hi This also sounds like my Clio. Maybe you need to be a bit more specific. But we might be sharing the same issue, has anyone got ideas on the following?

My car will stop responding to the accelerator and cut into limp home mode. Then when I restart it might be fine, it might not. When the engine does go on the blink I get an electrical fault warning on the dash - Do you get that?

(I can literally kill the ignition for 2 seconds, restart and the car works fine - sometimes for days)

So far reading the forums it seems likely that the problem is either the TDC sesnor, the manifold sensor or the wiring running into the ECU at the top back of the engine bay.

I know the wiring was eaten away by a metal box that sits on top of the wiring loom but I thought I'd sorted that (i'd love to be able to find out how to replace the wiring there without a complete new loom). I took out the TDC sensor cleaned it and put it back which I think helped for a few days (but the problem is intermittent so who knows ? Today I'll look at the manifold sensor to see if that is clean. (our local garage think that is a likely issue having had the car cut out on them after a test drive once they did some work on the track rod ends under the car)

Should I be looking at the throttle body as well now?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome