Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Re: 2002 renault clio 1.2 cuts out when driving and some times no throttle respons

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 13th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2002 renault clio 1.2 cuts out when driving and some times no throttle respons

Originally Posted by ben_10 View Post
hi guys im new to the fourums but i need some help

i have a 2002 1.2 16v clio

my problem is when im driving along it will just cut out . but will start again .and also no throttle respons . this is intermitant .some times it will be ok and the next its dead . help im pulling my hair out .

dam clio
Hi, just had the same problem!!! It's happened twice now after filling up with petrol (assumed it was linked to this). First time I switched off the engine & restarted & the problem went away???. Filled up again today & was driving for about 30 miles & it started to lose power again & warning light on Dash (no throttle response whatsoever), stopped at the side of the road & tried the same process as the first time. As before the issue went away, started to drive again but this time the same fault happened again. I managed to limp home (after 4 start - stops). Checked the forum for similar issues & found multiple things that could be causing the fault - I looked for the ones which could be fixed without going to the garage. First area identified was wires to the ECU , found under the black metal cover with stamped numbers on top (back of engine), I removed the metal cover where the main connectors sit, as described on the forum, 3 of the wires had been rubbed through to expose bare wiring. It appears that the metal cover had been moving & chafed it's way through the protective wrap (insulating tape) & wire coatings. I removed a section of outer protective wrap (insulating tape) & individually wrapped the exposed wires with insulating tape & re-wrapped the whole bundle with more insulating tape. I have taken the car out for a 30 mile run with no further faults. Hopefully this has solved the issue (unfortunately the engine fault light needs to be turned off so this will require some garage costs!!). I have attached a photo of the area I have been referring to. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clio wiring fault.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	14339  
Currently in beezley100's garage:
Clio 2 Extreme
The Following User Says Thank You to beezley100 For This Useful Post:
mdicr (18th July 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome