Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane Owners - K4J 730/732 - 1.4 Dymamique - Beware

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th September 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane Owners - K4J 730/732 - 1.4 Dymamique - Beware

I posted before regarding the poor performance of my car when the engine was effectively hot.
After lots of messing around with the local dealer (no less than a dozen visits under warranty that achieved nothing) here's what Renault supplied the dealer with yesterday:

Solution Number 6 875
Creation Date 04/04/2006

Customer Complaint - Variation in idling speed or stalling, after hot engine start. Affects K4J 730/732 engines.

Recommended Solution:

POSSIBLE CAUSE: Injection computer programming. DIAG: The diagnostic tool does not display any DF codes. When warm starting, the dngine speed increases to approximately 1000rpm, then drops to 500rpm and increases again to 750rpm or stalls. AFTER SALES RECOMMENDATION: Do not replace any parts, a solution is currently being developed. PRODUCTION SOLUTION: In progress.

Now is it just me or is that entirely unacceptable? They are happy for people to continue to run around in barely functioning vehicles whilst continuing to churn out the very same engine which will undoubtedly have the very same problem.
I contacted Renault to ask what Customer Services were prepared to do for me in the meantime in relation to perhaps supplying a courtesy car or similar and was advised that legally they weren't entitled to do anything. I was then advised to contact the dealer to see if I was still in a position to reject the car.
Will I be buying a Renault again? Methinks not
  5 Lastest Threads by fb72
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane Owners - K4J 730/732 - 1.4 Dymamique -... Megane bennyc 9 7000 20th September 2006 11:12 AM
Renault - Megane - 54 Plate - Engine/Electrics -... Engines tracieburr 3 4740 3rd September 2006 05:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome