Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - ABS not working but no warning lights ?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2011 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Laguna II - ABS not working but no warning lights ?

Honestly lads I've done all of the tests I can do on gravel and I can tell you without doubt that the ABS isn't kicking in.
I'm doing the test on a tarmac road beside my house, it's a new road on an industrial estate and around the edges of the roundabouts and the edges of the roads just off the normal line of where you would drive there is quite a sprinkling of stones / chippings / gravel etc, so it's not as though the car is on pure gravel if you see what I mean. I've tried with just the passenger side on the gravel & with just the drivers side on it but still the car just locks the wheels and skids with no ABS kicking in.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity I disconnected the drivers side wheel sensor today, this put the ABS light on, when I reconnected the sensor and drove the car a few yards the light went out just as it did when I done the same on the passenger side sensor yesterday.
Taking out the 5A ABS fuse from the fuse box also puts on the ABS warning light.

Is there any other fuses or relays that the system relies on?

The system is obviously seeing & monitoring the wheel sensors, its just not activating the ABS when it needs to. I think this could possibly be caused be either the the pump or solenoids not working, but I would have thought that failures of these should put up a warning light.

Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome