Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio II ABS / Speedo Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio II ABS / Speedo Problems

Hi All.
I have a 2003 1.5DCI Clio.

Problem 1:
The Speedo is intermittant, in that it works, unless you activate the front wipers (then it drops to 0 for about 5 seconds, unless the wipers are on the auto or intermittant setting then it drops to 0 every time the wipers move) or when you press the brake pedal once moving for more than a few minutes.

There is something clicking in the glovebox area which is also related to the speedo not working, ie it clicks then the speedo stops, clicks again and it starts.

Problem 2:
The ABS, Handbrake, Stop and SERV lights are on all the time. I have had the thing at the garage, and have been told the car wont let his computer talk to the ABS system (so no help there!) Any common pointers to look at?

The car has done 160k miles, and im told its had a replacement engine in the last 10k (although im not sure how much of this I believe). I also have another problem, but thats engine related so il make another post!

Thanks in advance for any help.
  5 Lastest Threads by wilkobob
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2001 Clio 1.2 16v wont turn off Electronics wilkobob 0 541 28th February 2013 06:41 PM
Clio 1.5DCI Warning Lights Engines wilkobob 2 1105 17th November 2011 06:36 PM
Clio II ABS / Speedo Problems Brakes/Hubs diamond69 10 2665 17th November 2011 06:22 PM
Hi Welcome to RenaultForums Phil C 2 468 17th November 2011 06:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome