Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Trafic - Brake Light Switch Location*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th November 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Renault Trafic - Brake Light Switch Location*FIXED*

Hi I am new to this forum , and i hope i am posting this in the correct section.

All three brake lights on my 57 renault trafic have stopped working when the pedal is pressed .

Over the last couple of days they used to Intermittantly come on but not always, and now they are not operating at all.

Checked the fuse marked STOP. It's OK.
Checked the brake fluid. Again ok.

Where's the brake light sender unit?

Have tried looking in the normal location ( On or around the Brake pedal) but even with a light i cant see the sender switch.

There is No wiring hanging loose and ONLY 1 set of wires which is clipped on to the brake and clutch pedal bracket BUT it seems to be for another circuit as there is not a loose end anywhere near either pedal.

I have tried feeling around on top and all over the bracketry on the brake pedal but seem unable to locate the switch.

I'm hoping this problem is just down to a loose connection or dodgy switch, but without finding THE switch i am unable to check it.

Thanks in advance.
Currently in PheoBlue's garage:
Renault Trafic SL27 DCi 115 Crew Van
  5 Lastest Threads by PheoBlue
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Trafic - Brake Light Switch... Vans chuffer690 11 33726 17th November 2011 10:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome