Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane estate rear brake disc ?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 18th November 2011
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Megane estate rear brake disc ?

I would take what the Haynes manual says with a pinch of salt mate, I have nothing against the use of the Haynes, I use them myself that's how I can say that they are notorious for getting things wrong, especially as car manufactures change things!

Go to a website like Euro Car Parts and put in the registration of your car and it should show the parts that fit your car, Alternatively ring a motor factors and ask them what size discs you need, they will more than likely use the reg of the car to find out for you.

If the rear disc set up on your car is like that of the Laguna II you are better off getting the discs with the bearing already fitted, the ABS ring is also fitted to the disc hub so if yours is the same make sure that comes with the discs also.

If you haven't already got the discs take a look on ebay , there are companies on there selling the kit in the form of 2 discs with the bearing & ABS ring fitted and a set of pads for 80-100 delivered. I used a set from ebay for my car and they are fine.

Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
The Following User Says Thank You to TTT For This Useful Post:
bhoy1da (18th November 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome