Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #204 of (permalink) Old 18th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Hi everyone
I went to my local Renault dealership regarding a replacement resistor and wiring loom for my 53 reg Scenic. After inspection they said the blower fan needed replacing as well, a total cost of 669.38. After several lengthy 'phone calls to Renault UK's customer services they eventually agreed to pay 50% towards the cost, but only if I had the fan replaced at the same time. Approaching an independent garage specializing in Renault vechiles they said they were familiar with the problem, having fitted dozens of replacement resistors and looms. They replaced these two items for me at a cost of just over 200 and said in their opinion the fan is fine, and it is proving to be so.
My conclusions: yes, the problem is of Renault's making, with them fitting sub-specification parts; I won't be spending one penny with Renault again; and finally, shop around as you would for any other major outlay.
Currently in sloop's garage:
Scenic Mk II
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome