Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 2 - Window Regulator Recall

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 19th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Megane 2 - Window Regulator Recall

Well Well Well,
2 weeks ago my front passenger side window regulator gave up the ghost so knowing of the problems with megane II window regulators I rang renault on their 08000 number (note it is not a freephone 0800 number)
after going through all the questions my "advisor" put to me "harold" (prob false name!!) informed me that my vehicle had 95,000 miles on it (so What) and that I was 10 days out of warranty for the window regulator repair to say I was not impressed would be an understatement
The motor is fine it works it is just the control box (regulator) that sits on top of the motor that is goosed. So I am busy trying to find a 6 pin anti pinch regulator for my Renault megane II 1.9 dci 5 door with no luck they are like rocking horse **** then guess what on wednesday the drivers door window decides to stick in the down position with no movement at all on the window!!!! so both of the fuc^&*( things are now dead never never again will I buy anything remotely connected with the french I have had vauxhalls, nissans, toyota's in the past with more miles on than this megane and everything has worked on those vehicle so how can renault say that it is wear and tear when their competitors can get things to work and stay working for 150,000 miles plus?? so if anyone knows of a repair or a breakers that has actually got these in stock I would be eternally greatful!!!!
Currently in pistyll's garage:
54 plate Megane II 1.9dci Hatch Kawasaki ZX6RR Green obviously!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome