Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Aftermarket parking sensors on Laguna 2

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 20th September 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Funny that - I never had a problem judging the space behind my car prior to getting my first Laguna I. But on the Lag, the curve in the rear window tended to distort the view behind you, and I never really could 'find' the back end of the car when parking. I've found the same, though to a lesser degree with the L2 hatch, though I expect the Tourer (with it's fairly flat, almost vertical rear window) is pretty easy to judge. I always thought it was rather ironic then that the Privilege Tourer gets the sensors, but the Privilege hatch doesn't.

The real beauty of parking sensors (and the reason I'm thinking of fitting them to the Clio even though we don't have any problems reversing that) is if a small animal or small person steps out unnoticed behind your car, you should hopefully get a chance to stop before you do any damage. Just remember not to rely completely on parking sensors - I've heard stories of people reversing up to skips using the sensors, and having the lip of the thing through their back window before the sensors told them that they were too close.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome