Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - windscreen washers, won't work, on my Clio

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 20th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: windscreen washers, won't work, on my Clio

I've been having this problem since I bought the car. Front washers dribble, rear one simply doesn't work. I've tried filling the reservoir with hot water, but that's had no effect. I had the bonnet up the other day, and had some limited success with a bike pump - disconnect the pipework and use the pump to blow air through. You can do it both ways (through the jets and back into the pump), and you should get bubbling in the reservoir if the pipes aren't blocked. Anyhow, the front washers kind of work, in that they will work for about 30 seconds before going back to dribbling, and will dribble if run again within an hour or so. I haven't managed to get anything from the back washer.

It seems my problem is with the pump - most likely the valve problem. I would have the pump out but that means taking the wipers off (someone said that you can do it by just bending back the plastic cover but I couldn't get it to bend far enough without snapping it). If I get around to it, I'll let you know what gives, but for now it works just well enough to be used now and again.
Currently in McGherkin's garage:
2000 Clio Grande 1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to McGherkin For This Useful Post:
kidreflex1 (21st November 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome