post #155 of (permalink) Old 22nd November 2011
Sphinx 1
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Paint Codes

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
Hi Gav.

Since Val Doonican is still singing in his rocking chair - allow me to answer...

• N9399
  • 1990 - 2011

• W9260
  • 1990 - 2011
As you can see, there is no difference in the paint chips for either, and both have been 'current' for the same period of time.

The Dupont Formula code differs; the 'N' and the 'W' number, so I investigated the code, and both contain virtually the same component tints, the only difference is the 369 contains an amount of 'jet black' whereas the 389 contains the same amount of 'graphite' tint.

I think you could get away with using one over the other, the car's existing paintwork will have faded a little over the years, so even using the exact formula, would not in itself guarantee a perfect match.

One word of advice, both paints require a white primer - do not use any other colour, or the finished colour will be markedly different.

Paul (Vel)
Thanks for the information, i have grey etching primer on the car atm, so a light dust with white primer is not a problem, il think i will just get the 369 form somewhere else, like Halfrauds, i have a mop and cutting compound so get the colour back to the best i can.

Thanks again Vel

Currently in Sphinx 1's garage:
00 V Reg Renault Scenic 1.6 16v Sport Alize , 07 HPI Baja 5B
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome