Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Aftermarket parking sensors on Laguna 2

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 21st September 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I think they tend to throw 'freebees' in with the tourer, in part to justify the extra price. I could be wrong, but I vaguely recall the Dynamique getting Xenons in ST form while the hatch has conventional halogen lamps. It's just another example of Renault spec nuttiness in my book.

I have a similar problem with my parking sensors, as I park as close as possible to the caravan (I've managed to get it so close that you couldn't shove a finger between them before now.) The edge proximity sensor goes to constant alert because I'm too close to something at the side, but once I'm clear of the front of the 'van, the longer range beep kicks in and I can reverse up to the wall using the sensors... usually.

Twice now, I've had the long range warning fail to kick back in and, had I trusted the sensors, I'd probably have reversed into the front of the house. Fortunately, I also know that the passenger door mirror just draws level with the fridge vent on the 'van, so I don't take it any further back than that.

To be honest, I do find the sensors useful and reckon they enable me to parallel park in spaces that I wouldn't have attempted before. I would (and on my last car, did) retro-fit them if the kit was a sensible price, but I wouldn't pay three figures for them as an option.

I don't know about the tourer and the CC, but on my hatch the parking sensor beep is far too quiet. It's an absolute must to mute the stereo in order to hear it properly, even if you don't have your music on loud. According to Dialogys, the dealer can change the volume and pitch using Clip. I'm going to ask them to give it a go next time it goes in for service.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome