Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Banging Noise From Rear Suspension*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 25th November 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna 2 - Banging Noise From Rear Suspension*FIXED*

I spent 3 very very very frustrating hours yesterday trying to do one side of the car, in the end I HAD to walk way from the car. If I had of stayed there any longer I would have taken a sledge hammer to it.

I destroyed both bushes that came with the tool trying to get them to go in, no way on earth would they go. Getting the old one out was not a problem, wire brush around the old one, spray of WD40 & use the tool easy peasy. The bush has to pass through 2 sperarate lips but they would not go straight & as son as the slip off parallel then they jam up, no amount of force will move them, I 'think' the issue is the metal walls of the bush are too thin, which means the tool pressing down deforms them.

So as said in the end I had to walk away, I was due back at work but just needed time to calm down. Rang the local (15 miles away) Renault dealer & they had some genuine ones in stock. Went & fetched them last night another horrendous adventure stuck in a traffic jam due to road works with the clock ticking away to when the dealer closed. I got there with 2 minutes to spare, after leaving myself 50 minutes to do the 15 miles.

So this morning I went out & in less than 1 hour I had fitted the nearside one the one I was fighting yesterday, remove the offside & refitted the new one. All that's left is to put the axle back onto the car, with all the problems yesterday I had all but removed it.

Moral of the story DO NOT USE THE BUSHES THAT COME WITH THE KIT. The tool BTW is excellent & probably worth the money on it's own.

Only issue I will now face is yesterday the axle slipped & dropped ripping out the wires on a unit that attaches to the axle, not sure what it does, but if anyone is underneath & can tell me whch wires go into which hole on the connector I would be grateful

Currently in Phaeton's garage:
Funbuggies Freestyle 1275 now with 1.8 MGF engine | 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX | 2005 1.9Dci Megane | 1988 MR2 MK1
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome