Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Kangoo - Cut Out And Non-Start*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th November 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Kangoo - Cut Out And Non-Start*FIXED*

Hi guys,

First post here!

I have a problem with my Kangoo, it won't start

The other day I pulled up to a junction and when pulling away I either stalled it or the engine stopped, doesn't really matter which because when I went to turn the engine over nothing happened - starter didn't even turn! The glow plug light wouldn't even come on!

After the short tow home (and trying in vain to tow start) I had a look under the bonnet. What's happening is that I'm getting a clicking noise from the engine relay compartment when the ignition is on, I have checked all the relays with an ohm meter (I'm an electrician) and the contacts operate fine. Eventually I read somewhere that the glow plug control relay could be at fault so I disconnected the thicker plug and now I get the proper dash lights (glow plug on and off as expected), but the starter solenoid clicks but the motor does not spin - I replaced the starter anyhow as it's had a bit of hammer recently with poor starting issues due to bust glow plugs however since I replaced them about three weeks ago it's been fine up to now - the starter motor still does not turn

Anyway what I need to know is, is it worth changing the glow plug relay or could it be something else?
Currently in Nozspark's garage:
2000 Kangoo 1.9 655 (non turbo)
  5 Lastest Threads by Nozspark
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Kangoo 1.9D (2000) heater problem Heating & cooling freddavid 2 1562 28th November 2011 06:10 PM
Renault Kangoo - Cut Out And Non-Start*FIXED* Kangoo dadsvan1 10 13649 25th November 2011 10:33 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome