Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 2002 1.2 Electrical Fault Light help

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 25th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: Clio 2002 1.2 Electrical Fault Light help

Ive just bought the same car and Im having roughly the same problems....although...Im finding that when I changed the battery the car worked perfectly but it was found that the alternator wasnt charging so when I took it for a longer journey (after changing the alternator) it happened again and the battery was dead...Im worried im gona be forever buying new batteries and alternators to make this bloody thing work...I hate this car too now and Ive only had it a week.. (Wasnt told about the faults and they never showed up when I test drove it)I know nothing about cars but I think something is stopping the alternator charging the battery rather than faulty alternators (this car is on it third...manufacturers then when it died the first time got it checked and it had a scrapyard fitted one and then I put in a brand new one...obv none have worked ) Duno what to do now tho. Nearly giving up on it. If ur cutting out problem gets solved can you give me a shout and let me know what u done
Currently in Angelpandora's garage:
2002 Renault Clio 1.2 16V Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome