Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.9dCi No Turbo Boost/Limp Mode*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th November 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Laguna 2 - 1.9dCi No Turbo Boost/Limp Mode*FIXED*

Hi Folks,

im sure this has been done to death by new people so please accept my apologies but im stuck on where to go next.

Ive had my laguna for about 6 weeks now and it does 250 miles pw for me to commute to work, Id had the 'fuel injection fault' warning come up a couple of times along with the inability to rev above 2k (im presuming this is a damage limiting feature?) but as it was usually in the AM and i was on my way to work.. ive stopped and reset and its been fine.

Well today the warning came on so i stopped to reset it and it cleared for a while only to be replaced later by a complete lack of power and VERY sluggish accelleration... but no warning message?

So far this afternoon I've removed and de-carboned the EGR valve and tried running without the MAF plugged in but its still extremely slow to pull off and as for hills - I finished up in first to get up one!

The turbo hasnt died I dont think as i can trick it into firing by pulling away in high revs while the check sequence thing is going on but its not kicking in at any other time.

Im stuffed for getting to work without it tomorrow so any help on the common things to check next would be greatly appreciated!

** edit - just thought - one of the bolts on the EGR doesnt tighten up.. could this be a cause? **
Currently in andyboro's garage:
2004 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by andyboro
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Laguna 2 - 1.9dCi No Turbo Boost/Limp... Laguna ReanaultInFrance 43 71604 26th November 2011 04:20 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome