Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - UK suspends speed camera deployment

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 21st September 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Oh you are SO right "Speed Tourer"! Thank you. Yes, why do drivers spend all that money on Camera Detectors when they probably have a perfectly good speedometer already. Safe and regular observation of this device will help any driver obey any speed limit regardless of the location of any speed detection devices. Oh dear, yes but that driver will need to OBEY once again.

There's the problem or at least the problem for too many drivers - you do need to obey the speed limit to be sure of not getting caught doing otherwise. My heart goes out to them, really it does. In all seriousness, I really do understand but not condone. I've "been there" too once.

I'm not sure I have such a great problem with GPS for it is better than having a driver searching a road map whilst driving, as we know all too well does happen, but GPS does remain a likely source of distraction if referred to whilst actually driving instead of when safely parked. Much better by far to plan the journey before setting out - and of course to leave more than sufficient time to travel the journey at legal speeds. Sorry folks!

I'm a hypocrite too "Sport Tourer", I certainly am, but not when, like you, it comes to speed limits. Shame about that aspect of your driving. Consequentially, you must surely understand, the greater the speed you choose to drive at on a Motorway (and it is not obligatory to drive at such fast speeds you know) the greater the likely damage sustained by everyone in any collision that occurs (which may be well beyond your control).

What else? Oh sure, yes indeed, a good too may do not know the speed limits and may indeed not appear to do so when they slow markedly for a camera. However, they be of course be slowing for some other reason than the camera and that's if they've even noticed that! Please don't let slowing be such a problem for you. Probably safer to be too slow than too fast - oh dear, what can of worms have I opened now?
Currently in Robin's garage:
Renault Laguna ll 19DCi saloon
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome