Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Big problem!!!

Thread: Big problem!!!
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Big problem!!!

First of all welcome.

I'm not an expert and someone would most probably be able to give more detailed answers and step-by-step repair guides, but hopefully I can help you diagnose your problems even if I can't help fixing them

central locking not working from the remote to open or lock the doors, but it locks and unlocks the boot and fuel cap

This is likely to be a faulty solenoid in the driver's door lock motor and will need a replacement motor.

fuel gauge dosnt sender unit been put it but still no joy

Has the dash been taken out to check the connection to the gauge? If the fuel sender in the tank has been replaced then this would be the next place to look.

air bag light and stop light will not go off, its on all the time!

This would need a diagnostic check. Most commonly a loose or bad connection in one of the seatbelts tensioners causes this, and means the airbag won't deploy in a crash. It could be as simple as a loose or dirty connector.

every now and again when im indercating if i brake at the same time it turnes in to a disco in my car as both indercator lights on the dash flash like crazy!

some times when i brake the fog lights light comes on on the dash board

Have you checked the rear lights? This sounds like a bad earth in one of the rear light clusters causing the brake lights and indicators to earth together. You need someone to inspect the rear lights while you test the brakes and indicators with the ignition on. Also check you haven't got water in the rear lights from a seal leaking.

and every now and again the car wont start, now i put it down to fuel as i didnt know if i had any in it.......but its started doing it after i fuel up :/ getting pushed off starts it tho.......

This could be any number of things and would require diagnostics check. When it doesn't start does the starter motor turn over?
Currently in chriseve1979's garage:
1999 Scenic I Alize 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome