Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - ABS not working but no warning lights ?

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2011 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 3 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Lightbulb Re: Laguna II - ABS not working but no warning lights ?

Good stuff, nice to see that you got some decent pictures, I must track down our camera for next time.

The snapped bolt you mention was also snapped off on mine, to be honest I think the bumper stays in place ok without it.

You're right about the different types of connectors, it's a pain trying to figure out which tab to press to release them, especially when you cant always get good access to them.
I'm sure you will be able to improvise a locking system for your broken fog light connector with a cable tie or two.

From what I have been reading about ABS pump failures it seems to be that the fault is almost always a poor solder joint inside the ECU part of the pump. Looking at the pump it's quite easy to remove the ECU , it may be a lot easier just to remove this and replace it with the one from the replacement pump, this would save having to disturb the brake pipes and the fluid loss etc,.

The 2 Torx bolts visible on the motor side of the pump hold the ECU in place, there's a hole in the bracket to get to the bottom one.

I'll pull the ECU off my old pump tomorrow to see whats involved, I'll find the camera before I do tho.

Currently in TTT's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome