Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What (roughly) would I get for my Safrane Questor?

View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 28th November 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: What (roughly) would I get for my Safrane Questor?

Originally Posted by nacg1132 View Post
Could you explain what you mean in saying it's not an original Questor?
If you look in the photos, the fitting for the the satnav remote is wrong. It's been upgraded at some point in its life. It's either had someone buy the nav stuff out of another questor and installed or it was upgraded somewhere along the line with the wrong bracket. People have been known to do this to try and increase the value of their safrane hence K6 tried to sell it for 2k.

The questor was a 1998+ (S reg) car not 97 (so i'm told by a reputable source) though they did (as mentioned above) have an upgrade scheme apparently for safranes that had already been sold.

Originally Posted by Azurael View Post
35.6 MPG? In a 2.5 auto...?
On very long runs only. On shorter runs round town you'll see no more than 17-19mpg. Even so at 35MPG I would be extremely skeptical. Having had 3 of these so far and done numerous long runs I've still yet to see any of them hold an MPG that high for longer than 5 minutes. K6 has IMO tried to oversell the car and exagerate it to the max. Without a doubt its a nice looking car and it looks well kept but as is so common with some sellers they seem to think that their safrane is worth more than others because they 'know' the history, its been well kept, not thrashed etc. The truth is usually its had 3-4 owners so there is certainly no way you could ever know the cars history and prior treatment by the driver. We've got a couple of them and I openly admit I've thrashed the living daylights out of them both but then I'm not worried about the resale value. I suspect the previous owners did the same too its just one of those things. Cars are for driving and having fun right?

Safranes are highly reliable cars but they're stupidly thirsty and these days expensive to run. At the moment I'm thinking of getting rid of one and downsizing to something smaller.
Currently in SafraneInfo's garage:
Safrane (2.5)

Last edited by SafraneInfo; 28th November 2011 at 08:25 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome