Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - ABS not working but no warning lights ?

View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 28th November 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Laguna II - ABS not working but no warning lights ?

Excellent work TTT. This analysis is very thorough, I have had experience of 'interference fit' contacts degrading over time. It is inevitable that the oxidation of the tinned pins will creep and reduce the contact area and thus increase its resistance, (mainly to the control and sensors circuits) This would be more of a problem for connectors for the higher current required by the solenoids and motor. I think it is worth me taking my ECU off and soldering this pins in, and hopefully improving the continuity.
(I had DF185 error which is ' Internal supply Active servo solenoid valve circuit')
Thinking that its got to come off one way or another!
Only worry in the back of my mind is that this connection method does not heat up the board, so I'll only do one at a time and allow the surrounding area to cool each time to avoid overheating anything, although the switching device will generate heat when active in service, better safe than sorry.
Currently in trickyd400's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Dynamique Estate, Ford Fiesta Mk6 1.25 Style, CBR400RR, Beta Zero Gara- now stolen!!! GRRRR!!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome