Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio DCi rough start from cold *FIXED*

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 29th November 2011 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio rough start from cold

Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
The amount of time the glow-plug light illuminates doen't actually reflect the amount of time the glow-plugs actually heat. The glow-plugs will normally heat for around 10 to 30 seconds depending on coolant temperature.
The time can be checked using a test light or suitable volt meter.
Thanks MadNoel10,
Initially my hubby was going to test the glow plugs,but after checking the SH and finding they're the original plugs, he's going to put in new.

Is it best to get Renault ones?
Only, I found some rather spiffy looking Bosch ones that will fit a Clio, and I know Bosch are the bees knees.
Need to check though if it takes screw in ones or plug in ones ... no easy way to check other than taking them out

One other thing that bothers me.... back in August (when other little problems first occurred, since fixed by TDC & EGR cleans) the garage removed the cover from the top of the engine because it was causing a rattle.
Could this be the cause of the sudden starting problems now it's all horrible and damp out?
Now seriously considering putting it back on (the garage gave it back to me.. it's in the boot) rattle or no rattle!
The car ran perfect til that came off... does that sound plausible?
Currently in BillaBongBaby's garage:
03 CLIO 80 Billabong 1.5DCi special edition in metallic Blue or is it Green?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome