Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio DCi rough start from cold *FIXED*

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 29th November 2011 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio rough start from cold

Ralph... thanks once again for sharing your extensive knowledge...
I am indeed, very grateful

Yes I was referring to the tops of the glow plugs - the ones I've seen are clip tops.
My hubby has tinkered and fixed many of our previous cars (diesel & petrol) but because of the SH, he's reluctant to really get stuck in as he would of in the past.... that and all the other bits that can fall off or go kaput inside the engine bay - - all those wires!!

I will certainly get him to look for said temperature sensors, and check the connections.
I can't find my Haynes manual at present... (here's a thumbs up for Renault - in the 3 yrs we've had this Clio, not once has the Haynes been needed ......... until now!) but I'm sure with a little help from Google we'll find a clue.

I'll just add, that this mornings start up was perfect!!! Outside temp was 11*c - so you may be right about the temperature sensors, Ralph.
We will most likely get the new glow plugs, and a new battery - if this winter is set to be as bad as last year's, my little 8 yr old Clio will need all the help it can get lol.
We won't do the whole lot in one go, just so we can see which exactly caused the problem in the first place, (glow plugs, battery or temp sensors).

Many thanks again.

BBB (aka Donna) South East London
Currently in BillaBongBaby's garage:
03 CLIO 80 Billabong 1.5DCi special edition in metallic Blue or is it Green?

Last edited by BillaBongBaby; 29th November 2011 at 01:11 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome