Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault parts from main dealer, aaarrrhhh!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th November 2011 Thread Starter
lag gt 205
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy renault parts from main dealer, aaarrrhhh!!!

hi all,
I put my 2005 laguna II phase II gt205 into a renault main dealer as i had a knocking from the nearside front end. Turns out to be worn driveshaft, parts dept say they cannot get the part, they have contacted renault and they will have to manufacture it.
They ordered the part and told me it could take around 2 weeks before they recieve it. They advised me i should not drive the car as it could damage the gearbox, so offered me a hired car(free of charge) and put my car off the road until fixed. Seven weeks later i am still waiting!. i have chased this countless times to no avail, the last call to them they said they "should" have the part in "around" another week.

This is my first renault, are parts usually so hard to come by?. And where do i stand? can i go to renault themselves and have a moan?

any comments?

thanks, a bloody frustrated laguna, sorry hired car driver!!
Currently in lag gt 205's garage:
2005 laguna II gt205
  5 Lastest Threads by lag gt 205
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
renault parts from main dealer, aaarrrhhh!!! Cars & motoring lag gt 205 18 4119 30th November 2011 06:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome