Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault parts from main dealer, aaarrrhhh!!!

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 30th November 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: renault parts from main dealer, aaarrrhhh!!!

secondhand part will cost about 30-50 or so.

i wonder if they will charge you the cost of the hire car ???

to be honest i think they have really screwed up somewhere to have your car on the forcourt for this long. I would definitly have a word with trading standards to see where you stand.
The parts are readily available on the patern part market, so there is no reasonable excuse for the delay in getting a replacement driveshaft.

have you been back to inspect your car since it was taken in ??? just in case they had an accident and havnt told you about it (yet!!!)

i'd definitly go back and check it over and that it still starts ok, (just in case they really did screw up the electrics and fry something really expensive) you dont need to drive it anywhere, just make sure it starts up ok and there are no new errors on the dashboard.

if there has been a problem they might then fess up about it. (they are insured (arnt they?) so there is no issue about putting any damage that occured whilst the vehicle was in thier possesion right?)

i think you do have the right to demand that you car is returned to you if they cannot source the part, there are plenty of other garages that will do the job, which should only take 3-4 hours to carry out!
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
The Following User Says Thank You to mord For This Useful Post:
lag gt 205 (1st December 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome